Dental practices are healthcare establishments and need to provide services within a legal framework as governed by the local law.
Most important thing that you must ensure is to register your practice with the Health Department of local corporation.
Your registration with the respective dental council of your state is the minimal basic requirement if you want to start a dental practice.
Along with you need a legitimate permissions to operate as a healthcare service provider from the local authorities.
You need to have authorization from the pollution control board for the biomedical waste generation.
There are more legal compliance needed for you to start a dental practice and it may very from state to state as per the regulatory guidelines of the state.
The legalities of owning and running a dental practice can be complicated.
Ensure that your practice is compliant with the regional laws and regulations.
Here is a list of legal documents that you must possess when you start a dental practice –
- Legal permissions of the building premises which allow you to possess and utilise the premises for commercial purpose.
- Completion certificate for the building premises
- Shop Act licence – only for larger establishments
- Udyog Aadhaar
- Rent Agreement if the premises is rented
- Fire & safety clearance from the chief fire officer
- Authorisation from the pollution control board
- Registration with local municipal corporation to dispose biomedical waste
- All operating dentists must have a valid degree certificate & a valid registration with the state dental council.