Each policy must be framed with a certain objective or goal that needs to be achieved to deliver the patient care and comply with the globally accepted quality standards.
Each policy should have
1. Clearly mentioned aim and objective
2. Designated human resource responsible to implement the policy effectively in the practice
3. Standard Operating Protocol for correct implementation of the policy
4. Methodology of imparting training for the policies
5. Methodology for the collecting the data regarding the policy
6. Methodology and frequency of data analysis and auditing the effectiveness of the policy towards patient care
7. Methodology for the updating the policy and taking necessary corrective action
8. Name and designation of the person who is responsible for formulating and updating the policy
9. Name and Designation of the person who is responsible to approve the policy
10. Effective date of the policy
11. Next review date of the policy
Policy Documents should be concise and easy to understand and implement.
These documents should include as many diagrams, pictures and flowcharts as possible for effortless understanding and training purpose. Each policy should guide the Dental Practice to arrive at the standard operating protocol to deal with a specific procedure, process or situation.