Healthcare organization is guided through the various parameters of the ultimate patient care. Every healthcare organization is established with the primary goal of alleviating patient sufferings.
Most of the patients who visit us for the dental Pain and sufferings and related oral healthcare issues which may have implications on the other body systems.
Patient care should be guided by the principals and policies which enables them safe yet effective dental treatment.
Following is the list of mandatory policies needed for patient care …
- Policy for Management of Dental Pain
- Policy for Management of vulnerable patients
- Policy for Post-operative management of the Patients
- Policy for research activities in your practice
- Policy for Medical Emergencies in your Dental Practice
- Policy for outsourcing of Dental Laboratory work
- Policy for administration of Local Anesthesia
- Policy for Dental Treatment under sedation and general anesthesia
- Policy for complying with the laws and regulations for Patient Safety
- Policy for assigning work to Dentists
- 11. Policy for Evidence based dentistry
Our mission is to spread knowledge about healthcare quality and safety standards amongst the dental practitioners and encourage them to upgrade their services so that it compliant to the standards.
This will not only upgrade the quality of services that is offered at the healthcare organisation but also increase patient’s confidence in the organisation and help you retain more loyal patients in the practice.
One more key advantage of being compliant is – it helps you to document everything that you perform in the practice & thus avoid mistakes and further complications.
So at Dental business Masters we encourage you to start Accreditation Journey – Because Healthcare Can’t Be Compromised!
This article is authored by Dr Sameer Bhandari, Clinical Director and Co-founder, Dental Business Masters. He is the author of the best selling book – Because Healthcare Cannot Be Comprised ; a go to guide for all dental practitioners who want to provide quality healthcare to their patients and have the clinic accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)